lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Tiered skirt


A while ago, there was a post on WhipUp with a tiered skirt tutorial from 3 peas, here that I just loved. And believe it or not, I actually made it! A trip to Fabric Place during their 25% off everything sale provided the perfect fabric. (Not that I didn't already have plenty of fabric that would work, but this was "perfect" fabric.) I cut it out that night, actually pulled out the ironing board to press the hem the next night. The tutorial was very clear, with plenty of helpful tips. An evening drifting between the sofa and the sewing machine let me do the gathering, and poof, a skirt for my little princess.

Shh.. don't tell anyone that I didn't finish the inside edges. Given the kind of wear Michelle has on her clothes, those will be the least of the worries. I also discovered a small hole in my brand new fabric that made me pout. A little fusible webbing, and a busy print, and it is impossible to find without close examination.
!
I am very proud. I've been fearful of sewing clothing for a while, given some bad fitting issues in the past, and the fact that she is a toddler who abuses her clothes a lot. But this was easy, doesn't use a lot of fabric and looks just beautiful. As a bonus, I got a baby stuff catalogue over the weekend that showed skirts like this for $45 each. So this was a bargain! I think I'll make more... Of course, I also have some of the fabric left over that I think will make a lovely bag for myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger ElleMae said...

Marsy - this is gorgeous! Well done! And who really cares about the hems? Make more! And make a bag too! Too cute!

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home