lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Next project


So this is my next big project. My Mom called me from a yard sale to check if it was okay if they bought a dollhouse for Michelle, with the understanding that it needs "updating." Permission was granted, and now it has been added to the playroom. Michelle is already playing with using her Little People girls, and some cheap plastic furniture that also came from the yard sale.

But how to redecorate? The exterior is now committed to be red, as Michelle has decided that and believe me, she will remember it. The shutters I think can get a fresh coat of black, but I'm not sure about the awnings - maybe white?

The inside has already started to be renovated, as I removed the ugly orange and gold contact paper used for wallpaper. The ugly green carpets need to go, but they are permanently affixed to the flooring, so I will also need to figure out what to do for the floors. That's obviously going to be my biggest stalling point, as I am not a woodworker. I'm thinking about some sort of particle board that I can cut with an exacto. The kitchen gets black and white "tile" of some sort. and is probably painted yellow. Everything else is still under consideration.


I have to plan any work carefully, so that Michelle can still continue to use it during renovations. No painting during weekend naps or it will still be wet when she wakes up! This will give me something to do in the evenings once the Lost season finale airs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home