lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Ice cream queen


Ice cream queen
Originally uploaded by lemonade_sandwich.
A two part project. First I made the crown. I really love the tiaras that sally jean makes and I kept thinking about going to a workshop of hers, but it never really was going to work. Plus, I've realized that as much as I like metalwork, its really not my strong point. So I decided to make an embroidered crown. The ice cream cones were added because last summer our default activity became ice cream outings.
After a while of kicking around my studio, I thought it needed an appropriate display. I did the classic papier mache a balloon to get the form. I now have this mounted on a dowel in my studio. I have worn the crown on several occassions, although never out of the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home