lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Polka dot step stool


Polka dot step stool
Originally uploaded by lemonade_sandwich.
Although I feel that I have done nothing crafty other than go into my studio and stare at the big piles of stuff, I have actually completed a small project. We picked up this step stool at the recycling center, where it was blue with Noah's Ark transfers and some strange sponge painting. A few coats of paint (the green actually left over from Michelle's very stylish bookcases.) and some polka dots later, and it is done, with no financial outlay, I may add. I used a cardboard stencil for the dots (with the inevitable touch-ups) so they are rather consistent. There are times when I see it and think it looks more like a case of the measles than attractive dots. It may require a bit of extra embellishment.

Oddly, Michelle hasn't offered her opnion about the design. Usually, she's pretty forthcoming with her comments - "I thought you were going to paint it red?" or "I no like it." but whenever we ask if she likes it we are met with silence. She does like having an additional step to carry around and stand on for no particular purpose in the middle of the room, though.

Looking at the colors, I've realize that while these are some of my favorites, the stool actually does not match any room of the house. Its a pretty good indicator of what I would prefer that my house look like. (All right, not really that electric a color on the walls, but this is definitely closer to what I really prefer.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home