lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Elephant in a tea cup


Elephant in a tea cup
Originally uploaded by lemonade_sandwich.
I realized that while I feel like I have been blogging a lot of my projects, what I have actually been doing is getting them uploaded to Flickr and then forgetting that I didn't actually post them here. Here's me at Flickr, in case you want to see them without my overly elaborate commentary. In an attempt to remedy that, here is one of my more recent projects.

The elephant is from a one of the Japanese books. I have to say that it was a very satisfying project - a tiny bit of applique (without any fusible web, which I have now remedied in my studio stash), a few evenings of embroidery, and then another evening to make it into a little pillow. Also a good excuse to use some of those Heather Ross fabrics that I love!

I have since also used the same design on a t-shirt for Michelle. The shirt has some issues (let's not discuss the masking tape residue that is bonded to the shirt because I mistakenly thought that my transfer paper was iron-on paper, not rub-on.) but the design is great and we always get lots of compliments. I wish there were more animals in teacups patterns in the book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home