lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Cupcakes and other ramblings


At the moment, I am totally enthralled by anything decorated with polka dots or cupcakes. And I can tell that I am not the only one. Any craft that involves either one of those will stop me in my tracks. But to date, I have remarkable few items in my home that are either polka dotted or cupcaked. Part of it is that "I can make that" syndrome. Another problem at the moment is the overwhelming feeling of clutter in our house. The shelves are full of art work and precious items that are not well displayed and thus overlooked. The walls are full of artwork that does not coordinate, and all of the spaces for small items are filled, whereas the big picture wall is half empty (because its easy to buy small affordable items we like, and hard to commit to big items, and because none of our artworks seems to coordinate enough to put on one wall). I have wonderful items tucked in drawers and boxes that really deserve to be out and seen.

So of course, today I have come across several cupcake items that I truly want yet can not easily justify. Unfortunately, there are no gift giving ocassions for me for a while. So for myself, I note the cupcake change purse here and the cupcake pincushions here. And some point soon, if I'm having a bad day and need a small treat, there may be cupcakes coming my way.

The picture is just to prove that I do have some cupcake items. For Michelle's birthday, I made her a cupcake crown to match my ice cream crown. She was quite pleased with it, especially as it is on display right next to mine. She did insist on a standard party hat for blowing out the candles on her cake, though. My husband also wants a crown, of course, so when I feel inspired again there will have to be a pie crown for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home