lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Trash picking


Tiki #1
Originally uploaded by lemonade_sandwich.
While I may have a genetic predilection for trash picking, it has actually been a long time since I pulled an object from the side of the road and taken it home with me. I really don't need more random crap, as a general rule.

But when I see something like this guy, and his friends 2, 3 and 4, and I am on foot, so don't have to pull the car to a screeching halt, but the car is close enough that its not a burden to carry them, well, they just had to come home with me.

I even exposed myself to the potential ridicule of many family members who were with me at the time. Yet they were all intrigued as well, and understood why I was drawn to them.

Its just airbrushed or spray painted on foam core. The general consensus is that they were used for party decorations. I did pull them from a pile in front of an apartment in a college student heavy neighborhood. I almost expect to find a picture of them elsewhere on Flickr.

So, while I was not actually creative or crafty in the recent past, at least I have added to the strange collection of items in my studio.

1 Comments:

Blogger angie.a said...

I say it's Luau time, baby!! :D

angie

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home