lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Still here

I know its been a while...

The end of summer/vaction/start of school year took its toll for a while, and my project output dropped dramatically. But I did finish a few things that I will show off now!


The giraffe from one of the Japanese craft books that I can't identify at the moment. I started him ages ago, but I admit that he was not bery attractive in process. But I finally decided to finish him, and the facial features make a huge difference and I find him quite adorable now.

The bunny did not come out as well as I hoped. I had some issues with the darts in his head that I think I sewed wrong, and his embroidered face is a bit goofy.


From an evening where I just needed to do something small and non-mess-upable (yes, that is a word in my universe)I altered a few photos that I have kicking around. I took a really enjoyable class from Karen Michel a while back and its really fun to scratch, color and otherwise abuse a photo to make it your own. I had spent some time looking for interesting photo sites a while back with public domain photos and had printed a few and then hid them away, so this was just waiting for some abuse. I like it, but I'm not sure what I will do with it.


One more, but I didn't make these. I picked them up at an estate sale next door. An odd thing, going to the estate sale of someone you know a little bit. I don't know who played with this dollhouse furniture, but I just loved the bird cage. Michelle got totally obsessed with wanting to play with it, and then I realized that the soft metal it was made of was probably lead, and not really an appropriate toy! I let her play with them briefly and then we "traded" them for other dollhouse pieces that I had tucked away. They are now safely hidden in my studio, and I hope to use them myself in some project that will not be a toddler interactive item.

1 Comments:

Blogger ElleMae said...

Yay! Welcome back Marsy!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home