lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Still around

Ok, so clearly summer is not my best time for communicating with the world. Of course, I don't think winter or fall are so great, and spring is kind of iffy. But here I am, trying again...

So here's some of the things I worked on over the past few (ulp!) months.
I love love love Anna Maria Horner's Garden party fabrics. So here's what I came up with to attempt to show them off. Its actually all pieced now, and the back is prepared, so I just have to quilt it. Hopefully in time for it to be added to the pile of essential sofa blankets for winter.

Speaking of which, here is the quilt which I showed in progress ages ago, but it was finished and is in use on the sofa now.

Also on the sofa, my completed pillow from the Alabama Stitch book. This is definitely the perfect take along kind of project that I really need more of. It requires a bunch of advance prep to do the stenciling but then it is very forgiving of being tossed in a bag with a needle, thread and scissors.


Otherwise, I'm still completely obsessed with decorating the house still. we are busy acquiring rugs to cover the bare wood floors before it gets too cold. I also hope to get the living room painted before its too cold to open windows as it dries. No guarantees there, but I am determined to do it this fall.

Other upcoming projects - Michelle has asked for a quilt for her bed. How can a mother say no? I've been gathering an assortment of pink fabrics (with plenty of other colors as well, of course) and hope to start on that soon. She has also decided that her room needs to be painted. We were surprised, but she has been most insistant. I think all of decorating mania is rubbing off on her.

Otherwise, I'll try to post more often, in case there is still anyone reading.


1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm still reading!! And I love that Michelle is all about decorating now. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Give her a whole bunch of paint chips and let her go nuts! :)

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home