lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Today's brainstorm

So today my brain is thinking about decorating the bathroom. I know, you want to see a picture of it, but that requires being home during daylight, so some patience will be required.
In any case, it is currently white. While subway tiles in the tub, white octagonal tiles on the floor, white wainscotting and off-white walls. If you know anything about me, its that I am not a person who will really live with that much white. So color is in order.

The first paint swatches were red, which my husband has rejected, and teal, which I'm not thrilled about because its kind of common for a bathroom color. Today's brainstorm is... orange. Orange is hard in one specific way, in that there aren't a lot of commercial shower curtains in orange. But then I think, well, it can't be too hard to sew a shower curtain. It is just a curtain with big grommets, right? If anyone out there wants to talk me out of this idea, speak up now!
So, here's what I'm thinking of when I say orange:


Because here's the fabrics that might work in my mind with nice bright orange paint: (And yes, my mind is a funny place.)

















No, not both of them at the same time. And then maybe some turquoise for the bath textiles - rugs and towels and stuff. I think Kaffe Fassett would approve, and these are his designs. And that would fix the white problem in one fell swoop. And it would probably wake us up in the morning too...

What do you think?


1 Comments:

Blogger Charley Sumner said...

Ok, so now that I've seen what you're thinking about, I think I can go with it. I like the bit of teal with the orange in that photo, it give a caribbean feel which I could enjoy.

BTW, I do like the more orange of the paint chips that you put up near the lights.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home