lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Lotus mini quilt - Whiplash


Lotus mini quilt
Originally uploaded by lemonade_sandwich

I interupt my most fascinating stories about Art and Soul with an actual project:

I've been on a mini mini-quilt kick lately, so the current Whiplash theme was irresistable. My pile of Amy Butler fabrics have been mocking me lately, insisting that they can be so much more than stash filler. Plus, how do you buy more fabric if you don't use at least a little bit?

It takes so little fabric to make something so fun. A few squares, some time to fuss with the arrangement, and soon there is an actual quilt. This one is my first one with a border, which I am so happy with.

So there's no prizes for the current Whiplash, just a chance to show off a little. I'm really impressed by the entries already, with so many clever ideas.
whipup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home