lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Look, a quilt!

I have to admit that I really hate February. It is around this time of year that I start wondering if I should be truly worried about my mental health. I think the problem is that in my mind it should be getting warmer as it starts to get lighter, but that never happens. You'd think that after a lifetime in New England I would get that, but no.

So last week I decided to make a bid for sanity by taking a day off from work just to do projects. It was great! My biggest task was to get this quilt layed out, and get the batting and backing pinned without any toddler "help." And since the sun was shining, I even got to take a picture of it while it was on the floor. I'm reasonably pleased with it. I think that it will not be anything to win a prize anywhere, what with imperfect piecing and inevitable wrinkles once I get it quilted, but I am quite proud. And I got to use a bunch of my Amy Butler fabrics! I still have to quilt and bind it, but if I get it done soon it can help keep my toes warm before spring comes.

1 Comments:

Blogger ElleMae said...

oh Marsy, what a beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see it finished...

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home