lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Friday, December 08, 2006

House and flower

I know, you've despaired of me posting again. And truly, I've been meaning to do more. But I've been alternating between the seasonal ennui and the sudden bursts of frenzied activity. So many exciting things though.

First a long in process project which I am actually quite pleased by:



This house with feet was inspired back in the summer, when the Whiplash theme was reuse of clothing. I've had these sneakers, one of Michelle's first pairs, kicking around my studio for a while. They were so cute that I couldn't bear to just throw them away. But a general idea was further enhanced when we also saw Howl's Moving Castle. I kept working on it, re-painting parts, adding the arms was a later step, and then finally the umbrella (re-painted at least 3 times!). I'm actually quite pleased with it, although I haven't been able to get the umbrella to stay glued into her hand yet. More super glue is needed! It kind of reminds me of some of the house girls that Emily makes like this one here. Mine is much less representational, since I can't actually draw or paint people. She makes me smile a lot.



This was a kit that I asked for as a birthday present from Paper Source. It was way more fussy than I thought it would be, but I'm happy with how it turned out, especially now that some time has passed. Its one of those good projects to have around where I don't have to think too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home