lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Shopping

Having finished a whole bunch of projects, I find myself in that lull where I don't know what to do next. So I have taken advantage of some birthday money to go out on a small fabric shopping spree.

Just looking at the variety of patterns that have come in the door is an amazing example of the totally different tastes that I have.

For the bright colors, pink girly side we have the following:


You have got to see the things that these German designers at Farbenmix do with this dress! I don't have anything nearly so elaborate in mind, yet. They have a website all in German here that sends me into a pink and orange high every time I look at it. I ordered these from here and they were the first to arrive.

For the earth-tone calm side we have:

I found these at Purlsoho They are even better in person, with more colors and no repeats from selvedge to selvedge. I almost want to hang them on the wall as is. I suspect that they will take some courage and a firm idea before they are touched by scissors.

For the country side we have the long awaited red and white polka dot series, as well as another favorite motif of mine, black text on white fabric.


These were all ordered from eQuilter These will be needed to finish my quilt kit right away, and will then join the overwhelming stash.

Now that I have all this fabric, I hope to be able to actually make something during the upcoming long weekend. I'll let you know if it actually happens next week!

1 Comments:

Blogger ElleMae said...

Marsy, these look fantastic! I have just finished a pretty little bag with the exact same printed text as the lining...I'm totally loving fabric with writing on it at the moment! Your little bag is very nearly done and will be winging it's way to you soon...happy quilting!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home