lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Current obsessions

I have more pictures of projects, but haven't uploaded them. So instead I present my current internet/craft/fabric obsessions.

Janet Bolton
I've seen some of her work in various books over the years, but never actually put them together to look at the entirety of the artist's work. Wow. I love these little quilts. They are deceptively simple. I went looking for a copy of her book "Patchwork Folk Art" and was somewhat dismayed to find it out of print, and running at least $95 from various used book sources. Yikes! Thank goodness for inter-library loan. I've had the book for a week now, and have read it twice, and started on a Janet Bolton inspired piece. Look for more soon! I'd love to go to one of her workshops, but it doesn't look like she comes to the US very often.

Amy Butler
We've already seen that I am helpless to resist her fabrics. They are simply gorgeous. But could someone please ask her to slow down? I've barely used scraps of the Belle fabrics that I ordered, and she already has another line, Lotus, due out in January that I am drooling on. I guess I better start sewing fast!

Prints Charming
Another new fabric line, Follow Your Imagination, that just came out. I really would like to see these in person, since the scale is large enough that most websites don't even show a single repeat. Even so, I really like the big clean graphics.

One more fabric line: Building Blocks/American Jane


This fabric with the rulers is popping up all over the place in projects, and I love it every time I see it. I also like the funky florals and polka dots that coordinate.

Do I need more fabric? No. The birthday binge that was so recent is still in big piles, although I have used some small pieces of the Amy Butler ones in a quilt project. Yes, that's right, a quilt. Let's see if I actually follow through and put it together as such, or if it gets diverted into some other end use. Of course, the quilt does need some solid fabrics to go with it (solids are not a big part of my stash, its so hard when there are other flashier fabrics around) so it probably will require a trip to the fabric store...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home