lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What I've been doing

So you've probably noticed that I haven't blogged in a while. Actually, all 3 of my readers outside of immediate family have probably given up on me. But in a vain attempt to restart this blog, I'm going to share what I have been doing.
I've become design and decorating obsessed. Its something that was building for a while in our old house, and I now have a huge home that cries out for decoration. Pictures of the house are not yet extant, but here's some of the goodies I've been checking out.

The one thing we have bought is a new bed, thanks to a timely warehouse sale for something usually way to expensive to even consider.Its real new Stickley. So that has dictated much of the plans for the bedroom. In fact the new dressers (a very good sale followed the warehouse sale, fortunately) are on order. Before they arrive and fill the room I plan to paint it. The bedroom is currently a pale blue. We seem to be settling on a mossy green. Questions remain if I need to repaint the ceiling, which is a purplish gray right now. I'd love to skip that, but I don't know if it will work.

Next item is a sofa. Many have been viewed, and we came up with some basic criteria: No back cushions (upholstered back only) to avoid children and cats nesting on them and squishing them. One or two seat cushions, not three. And not too blocky and modern. There are a lot of very square sofas out there right now that really would not work in the new house.


Current candidate is from Pottery Barn:



Probably in red, with plans for dark brown walls.
Spare time is being spent surfing the design blogs and on-line furniture shops. I'm currently obsesses with design sponge, decor8, apartment therapy, and craigslist.
There's plenty to look for - kitchen stools, new rugs and there are a huge number of walls crying out for artwork. I think I'll be busy for a while!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! I keep saying I'm going to get a red sofa, now it will look like I'm copying you! Eek!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home