lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Busy busy busy


I have too many projects in process, and not enough time to do them all. Last night I had a free evening and spent too much of it spinning my wheels trying to decide what to do.

This is a test piece from the Alabama Stitch book. I love the look of everything in that book and have been dying to try something. So there go some old t-shirts and some fabric paint I've had forever. I love doing a simple running stitch, its so satisfying for such minimal effort. I've brought it to work so I have a simple lunchtime project to do. It was hard to stop last night! I painted another piece last night so I would have the next one ready to go.


Also in progress, this mini quilt. There's no urgency with this one. Its entirely sewn by hand, and I started it back in January or something. Its a nice sofa project. I'm enjoying having a nice slow entirely hand sewn quilt. The thought that anyone ever finished a full size quilt in this pattern amazes me!





Next, I need to make another one of these. This quilt was for Michelle's preschool class teachers as an appreciation gift. (There's a story there for another time.) I made it in about 4 days and it was very well received. I've decided to make another one for the upcoming fundraising auction. This time I have a whole 2 weeks to get it done! The photos all got printed last night, the worst part as far I'm concerned, so I should be on track.

Also in progress: a large quilt that is intended to match our red sofas, collecting materials and ideas for an upcoming Michael deMeng workshop, another mini quilt that is pieced but assembled yet, another paper mache flower where the petals are done but it needs to be put together and then painted, and a whole list of other ideas!

It's really too bad I have to go to work so much. I have so many other things to do!

1 Comments:

Blogger ElleMae said...

Wow-you are busy! I seem to have stalled somewhat on the sewing, although am feeling VERY inspired and impressed by your hand-sewn mini-quilt...very cute!

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home