lemonade sandwich

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat? My own interpretations and reactions to a crazy world.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Fuschia sewing desk


Fuschia desk
Originally uploaded by lemonade_sandwich
This is the first house project that has been completed. The desk was unfinished wood, and since it was already empty, the perfect opportunity to paint it. The fuschia and silver are inspired by the decor at the restaurant Upstairs at the Square, which is just fabulous, both the food and the setting. The designs were totally freehand drawn, with no real plan. It is distinctly possible that more silver will be added.

You'll notice that there are no other pics of the project room. Other than some shelves with haphazardly placed stuff, there's no real organization yet. And I believe that a large amount of stuff from storage is related to this room, so I haven't made a big effort. I suspect that the attic will house many things that used to be stuffed into my studio.

I'm now on a quest for the perfect craft room table. I found something I like in the Pottry Barn catalogue, but I think $1000 is excessive. I may try to find a cheaper knock-off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home